Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Foreigners

The topic this time was 'Foreigners' with the particular proviso that we could only use a mobile phone camera. In my job I take pictures of fellow foreigners very often so I wanted to try something different. I also wanted to subvert the camera-phone limitations.

I went to the harbour and decided to shoot some harbour landscapes, for which a camera-phone is about the worst tool. It's obviously very common for tourists to take photos of themselves at the harbour with their phones and I wanted to play with this idea. I decided to take many shots in different light and stitch them together in Photoshop to give a feeling of the multitude of images that tourists shoot of Hong Kong harbour but out of these very common shots produce something visually interesting. I used transparency to keep the feeling of multiple images and to give the composition a rhythm.

No comments: